Series 6 Exam
Thanks for watching our video about the Series 6 exam.
View our Series 6 exam training solutions.
- Hi, my name is Tina Leahy and I’m the founder and Chief Instructor of Training Consultants.
I’ve been helping people pass their qualification exams for over 30 years. The purpose
of this video is to help you understand what the Series 6 is all about and to talk
to you about the best way to prepare for your exam. Our goal at Training Consultants
is to provide you with the best exam preparation experience available. And, of course,
your preparation starts with a good understanding of how the exam is structured.
So let’s get started!
- The Series 6 is the Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative
Exam. It was developed by the NASD, which is now called FINRA, and qualifies you
to apply for registration with FINRA as a Limited Representative. This license is
for people who wish to conduct business in mutual funds, variable annuities, and
other variable contracts issued by an insurance company.
- The first thing you need to know is that you need to be sponsored by a broker/ dealer
to take the exam. No Sponsor—No Test. And that’s the bottom line!
- You also need to know that when you take and pass the Series 6 you will be required
to pass the Series 63 exam to be properly registered as an agent at the state level.
- Now let’s talk about the structure of the exam. The Series 6 exam consists of 105
multiple choice questions. The exam is administered in a single session and you
are allowed 2 hours and 15 minutes to complete your exam. You must score 70% or
better to pass.
- There are two different types of questions you will encounter on your exam. The
first is a standard multiple choice question with A, B, C, D answer options.
- The second type is the multiple of a multiple. These questions include roman numerals
in addition to the A, B, C, D choices.
- Our products use these types of questions exclusively to give you a solid feel of
the real exam. The functionality of our exam software also mirrors that of the real
testing interface because the more familiar you are with these items, the better
you will perform on test day.
- Now that we have the general structure out of the way, let’s talk about the content
of the Series 6. The Series 6 is broken into 6 main subject areas, but 35% of the
questions are related to Investment Companies. If you want to do well on this exam
and you commit to our study program, you will be able to pass your exam comfortably,
in the 80’s, on your first attempt. We have successfully trained thousands of candidates
for the Series 6 exam, so I am confident that we can do the same for you.
- Now that you have an understanding of the structure and content of the Series 6,
let’s talk about the right way to approach preparing for your exam.
- You might have heard that a good way to prepare is to memorize question answers
and just test, test, test. You can’t do that and here’s why! Your exam is drawn
from a live bank of questions that are constantly updated and changed. And so the
only way you can be successful on your exam is to have a good understanding of the
concepts and definitions that you will be tested on. Our training solutions focus
on knowledge and preparation, not gimmicks and memorization.
- So that’s what you need to know about the test. Now, I want to tell you about our
Series 6 Online Course. With our course, you get a complete package including a
personalized study plan, multimedia lectures, a book, and practice questions. These
components all work together: You’ll see the presentation, You’ll hear the lecture,
and you’ll take notes and complete exercises in your study book. I will personally
walk you through the entire program. It really is like private tutoring.
- We at Training Consultants look forward to helping you get through this important
step in your career. So, the only thing left for you to do is to go to trainingconsultants.com
and get started! See ya there!